FOR THE SUBMISSION :
1. Choose ONE of the story prompts shared by S. Mitra Kalita, Dipannita Sharma, Shri Balmiki Prasad Singh, IPS Vrinda Shukla or Mamang Dai
2. The stories should cover either or more of nature / culture / people / perceptions of the region.
3. The stories can be fiction or non-fiction.
4. Any submission that does not adhere to the theme will be shifted in the list of general submissions for the website.
5. Word count : 2000 - 3000 words.
1. Fifteen best stories will be published into a digital anthology. A selection from the rest will be published on the web collection of www.tellmeyourstory.biz
2. The profits (80% of the proceeds from the digital book) will be distributed equally between the contributing authors of the anthology.
3. ONE winner from each Story Prompt will get the chance to interact and discuss their stories with the chosen Raconteur over a live session, post declaration of the results.
4. Excerpts from selected stories will be highlighted on social media, all through the release of the issue.
5. All winners will be announced in March 2021 on the social media handles of TMYS: , , , .
1. While making a submission, mention in the subject line :
the title of the story, <name of the Raconteur> and NE-India 2021.
For example (if the title of a story is Dreams and you have chosen the prompt by Dipannita Sharma):
DREAMS, Dipannita, NE-India 2021.
2. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, attached as word file, with subject lines as indicated above. Each submission should include the contributor's introduction (150 words). An HD photograph (jpeg or png only) should also be attached in the same email.
3. All submissions should use Calibri/Times New Roman, font size 12; font size 16 for headings and font size 14 for sub headings if any. Line spacing : 1.5
***Only original and previously unpublished work will be considered.***
4. A participation fee of INR 200/- (USD 2.72) will be charged per contribution. This is a non-refundable fee, but we will do our best to cooperate in case you have made an error that can be corrected to help you resubmit.
In each such case, the editor’s decision will be final.
Our bank details:
Tell Me Your Story OPC Pvt. Ltd.
A/c no : 059685800000177, Yes Bank. Branch - Shankardhan Plaza Junction,
MM Road, Mulund West, Mumbai 400080, IFS Code : YESB0000596.
Post making the payment, please send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to register yourself.
***Registration doesn't guarantee publication***
5. Simultaneous/multiple submission for different Story Prompts will be accepted, with separate fee for each submission.
6. Decision of the authors/editors will be final.
7. Last date of all submissions: 30th January 2021
Contact for Queries: write QUERIES in subject line and send us an email at email@example.com
For general TERMS AND CONDITIONS applicable, click and scroll down.
*** Cover Image Credits***
Ruddy Kingfisher image : Rofikul Islam.
Rofikul is a keen bird photographer from Assam, a tour leader at Kaziranga National Park
Images of S. Kalita Mitra and Shri B. P. Singh are from their website.
Image of Dipannita Sharma is provided by the actor.
Image of IPS Vrinda Shukla and Mamang Dai are from Google.