IS YOUR MANUSCRIPT READY FOR SUBMISSION?
A Three Week Certified Workshop
to develop a four-step editorial schedule
and prepare your manuscript for publication.
READ I THINK I DISCUSS I MODIFY
Whether you wish to submit a 700 word article for a web-magazine, or a short story for a literary magazine; whether it is a full length novel, or a poetry anthology: editing plays a very important role. Many submissions are rejected even before the first chapter is read because of poor editorial decisions. An ill-edited manuscript also reflects badly on the author’s professionalism.
This programme will take you through the basics of editing so you are able to add a professional touch to your manuscript!
Programme Duration: 3 Weeks
Deadline for Registration: 30 July 2021
Two Intensive Classroom Discussions: 8 & 22 August 2021
SEATS ARE LIMITED
WE ARE UNABLE TO EXTEND DEADLINES
* Registration is subject to payment of the programme fee and submission of the required documents over email.
* Scroll down for Registration details.
1. The CONTENT and the TARGET AUDIENCE
2. Understand the TIMING
3. The PITCH and the PRESENTATION
4. Understanding REJECTION
1. The checklist before sending out a submission.
2. Tricks of the game
3. Understand the nuances of a professional editorial process
4. Understand the importance and differences between different stages of editing
5. Minimizing chances of rejection
6. The to-do's and not-to-do's in self editing
7. A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION AT THE END OF THE PROGRAMME
8. Special rewards for two selected participants, depending upon their participation in the tasks and their growth in response to the programme. *
9. Internship opportunity in ONE project of TMYS for on-the-job training and subsequent Letter of Recognition. (Not compulsory for the applicant to avail this.)
* Decisions of the faculty will be final.
What to Expect:
1. The programme will require participants to attend online meetings for two consecutive Sundays for 1.5 hours each
2. Classroom tasks
3. Reading material, information and case studies
4. Intense and customised exercises during the fortnight between two classrooms
1. The programme will require participants to attend online meetings on 8 and 22 August, for 1.5 hrs.
2. Timely completion of tasks in the three week period is mandatory. The tasks will require approximately 2-3 hours per week.
3. Other details will be emailed to the applicants post registration.
• Registration fee is INR2500 + 18%GST = INR2950 (USD40 all inclusive, for applicants outside India). Payable in advance by NEFT (for Indian enrollments) or Paypal (for international enrollments).
Tell Me Your Story OPC Pvt. Ltd.
A/c no : 059685800000177,
Yes Bank. Branch - Shankardhan Plaza Junction, MM Road, Mulund West, Mumbai 400080. IFS Code : YESB0000596.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Paypal link.
• The Registration Fee is non-refundable.
• Applicants must register along with
1. Payment receipt against the registration fees
2. A bionote strictly within 200 words
3. Let us know why you are taking this course so we may customize our deliverables as per your needs (optional)
The above must be emailed to email@example.com
• Registration must be completed by 30 July 2021.
For any query, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Editing Programme in the subject line.
Somrita Urni Ganguly
A professor and award-winning poet and literary translator. She was a Fulbright Doctoral Research Fellow at Brown University, and is an alumna of the University of East Anglia’s International Literary Translation and Creative Writing Summer School. Somrita is currently serving as a judge for the PEN America Translation Prize, and is Head of the Department of English, Maharaja Manindra Chandra College, University of Calcutta.
An author and literary entrepreneur. Having published widely with Westland Books, Niyogi Publishers and Rupa, her books are discussed from the context of gender studies, art, myth and ecocritical literature. One of her books has been optioned for screen adaptation. She is currently working with Pan Macmillan on the five-book Sati series - a retelling of the stories of the Pancha Kanya from Indian mythology. Ahalya and Kunti – the first two are on the shelves; the other three are yet to release. Her website is www.koraldasgupta.com
The Writing Programme - Season 2