THE WRITING PROGRAMME
in association with
A Six Week Certified Workshop
on Creative Writing
Nine Hours of Classroom Mentorship
Reading Suggestions and Recommendations
Intense, Hands-on, Customisable Writing Exercises
One-on-One Problem Solving
Testimonials, Certificates, Special Gifts
One Full Scholarship
Tell Me Your Story invites registrations for The Writing Programme, May 2021.
Story Prompt: Ladies’ Wallet
Programme Duration: 6 Weeks
Deadline for Registration: 20 April 2021*
Programme starts on: 25 April 2021
SEATS ARE LIMITED.
WE ARE UNABLE TO EXTEND DEADLINES.
* Registration is subject to payment of the programme fee and submission of story sample over email.
The Writing Programme will work with the applicants on:
•Plot Construction and the Story.
Identify your personal strengths as a storyteller and enhance the story using those attributes.
Learn to effectively use imagination, observation and memory to create realistic characters that stay long after the story is over.
•Drama and Dialogue.
Elements of drama and intelligent dialogues can make or mar a story. Learn about the stereotypes. Discover your own voice.
•Finishing and finalization.
Any form of art, be it painting, cooking, or writing, requires certain finishing touches. These include, and aren’t limited to, sharpening, polishing, and editing your work. All that glitters is NOT gold!
• All participants will receive a Letter of Completion (digital) from Rupa Publications.
• All participants will receive a Certified Testimonial (digital) from the faculty.
• The stories can directly enter the Money Stories compilation of TellMeYourStory. (Optional for participants.)
• Selected participants will be awarded a special gift, based on the development of their story ideas throughout the Writing Programme, their enthusiasm for and application of learning.*
• ONE applicant will be awarded Full Scholarship. *
* Decisions of the faculty will be final.
One applicant will receive 100% scholarship.
The Scholarship will be decided on the basis of:
a. Sincerity of the applicant
b. How effectively the applicant puts the learning into action
c. Improvements in the story in the course of six weeks.
The Scholarship recipient will be awarded with an additional Letter of Recognition.
The fee will be completely reimbursed at the end of the programme, after the results are declared.
The applicant will be invited for digital interactions in future project/s of TMYS.
1. The programme will require participants to attend online meetings once a week (every Friday for six weeks) for 1.5 hrs.
2. Completion of tasks are compulsory. The tasks will require approximately 2-4 hours per week, depending on the existing skills of the applicant.
3. All other details, along with the course schedule, will be emailed to the successful applicants post registration.
• Registration fee is INR6000 + 18%GST = INR7080 (USD100 all inclusive, for applicants outside India). Payable in advance by NEFT or Paypal.
Tell Me Your Story OPC Pvt. Ltd.
A/c no : 059685800000177, Yes Bank. Branch - Shankardhan Plaza Junction, MM Road, Mulund West, Mumbai 400080, IFS Code : YESB0000596.
Email us at email@example.com for Paypal link.
• The Registration Fee is non-refundable.
• Applicants must register along with
1. a 1500 word short story on the given prompt
2. a bionote of not more than 100 words
3. a photograph.
4. Payment receipt against the registration fees
The above must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
•Registration must be done by 20 April 2021.
Somrita Urni Ganguly
Somrita Urni Ganguly is a professor, and award-winning poet and literary translator. She was a Fulbright Doctoral Research Fellow at Brown University, and is an alumna of the University of East Anglia’s International Literary Translation and Creative Writing Summer School. Somrita is currently serving as a judge for the PEN America Translation Prize, and is Head of the Department of English, Maharaja Manindra Chandra College, University of Calcutta.
Koral is an author and literary entrepreneur. Having published widely with Westland Books, Niyogi Publishers and Rupa, her books are discussed from the context of gender studies, art, myth and ecocritical literature. One of her books has been optioned for screen adaptation. She is currently working with Pan Macmillan on the five-book Sati series - a retelling of the stories of the Panch Kanya from Indian mythology. Her website is www.koraldasgupta.com
Anuja Chandramouli is a bestselling Indian author and new age Indian classicist widely regarded as one of the finest writers in mythology, historical fiction and fantasy. She followed up her highly acclaimed debut novel, Arjuna: Saga of a Pandava Warrior-Prince, which was named as one of the top 5 sellers in the Indian writing category for the year 2012 by Amazon India with Kamadeva: The God of Desire, Shakti: The Divine Feminine, Yama’s Lieutenant and its sequel, Yama’s Lieutenant and the Stone Witch. Her articles, short stories and book reviews appear in various publications like The New Indian Express, The Hindu, Scroll.in and Femina. Some of her other books are Kartikeya: The Destroyer’s Son, Prithviraj Chauhan: The Emperor of Hearts, Padmavati: The Burning Queen, Ganga: The Constant Goddess and Muhammad Bin Tughlaq: Tale of a Tyrant. Mohini: The Enchantress is her latest work of mythological fiction and winner of the prestigious Popular Choice Auther award. Her books are also available as audiobooks and have been translated into Hindi. An accomplished TEDx speaker and storyteller, Anuja Chandramouli, regularly conducts workshops on creative writing, mythology and empowerment in schools and colleges across the country. Her Mahabharata with Anuja storytelling series is now available on YouTube. She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer. This mother of two little girls lives in Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu.
For queries, please email us at email@example.com
Kindly excuse us if we do not respond to queries that are already addressed here. We expect the applicants to read the above thoroughly.